General Knowledge Multiple Choice Questions MCQS & answers are available here. Download mcqs of GK in pdf format from here. Mostly general knowledge questions consists of Area and population of Continents, Highest and lowest (Continental altitudes), Oceans, Seas, Important Islands, Principal Mountain peaks. Each question have 4 answers. Out of which one is correct. Answer keys for these questions are given at the end. In every Test questions are according to the syllabus.
If you wants to score high marks in test. Then you have to work out these questions so many times until they get understand the pattern of the test as well as know how to pass the test. In short online Test Past Papers are very helpful for the students. You can also download these solved Papers in pdf format.
General Knowledge Multiple Choice Questions MCQS & answers
Some of the question are describe below that are related to gk generak knowledge. Answers are given at the end.
81. Which one of the following parts of cold deserts and continents is correctly matched?
(a) Atacama —South America
(b) Gobi — Asia
(c) Kalahari — Africa
(d) Great Sandy — Australia
82. The production of rubber tree is better adopted to areas where the climate is —–
(a) Warm and humid (b) Warm and dry (c) Cool and moist (d) cool and dry
83. Gulf streams are caused by —–
(a) Cyclones (b) Temperature (c) Ocean pressure (d) Difference in water level
84. All vital atmospheric process leading to various climatic and weather conditions take place in the —–
(a) Troposphere (b) Ionosphere (c) Exosphere (d) Stratosphere
85. The minimum land area recommended for forest to maintain proper ecological balance is —–
(a) 25% (b) 33% (c) 43% (d) 53%
86. Which of the following scholars suggested the earth’s origin from gases and dust particles?
(a) James Jeans (b) Hannes Alfvén (c) F. Hoyle (d) O. Schmidt
87.The theory that refers to an explosion about 10 to 15 billion years age, which most astronomers believe to be the origin of the universe, is called —–
(a) The Red Shift theory
(b) Relativity theory
(c) Big Bang theory
(d) Titanic theory
88. Black holes are stellar objects which —–
(a) Emit black body radiation
(b) Have weak gravitational field
(c) Have intense gravitational field
(d) Have intense magnetic field
89. Select the stranger in the group:
(a) Cardiograms (b) Multiple bars (c) Weather maps (d) Pie diagrams
90. The soil which cracks and shrinks most as it dries is —–
(a) Clayey soil (b) Porous soil (c) Sandy soil (d) Loamy soil
91. East Timur, is now independent Country, before independent it was part of —–
(a) Taiwan (b) Malaysia (c) Thailand (d) Indonesia
92. Kosovo s now independent Country, before independent it was part of which of the following Countries?
(a) Yugoslavia (b) Albania (c) Romania (d) Bulgaria
93. On the day of the Summer Solstice in the northern hemisphere, the length day-time on the Antarctic Circle is —–
(a) 12 hours (b) 24 hours (c) zero hour (d) 6 hours
94. Which of the following sequences represents correctly the different atmospheric layers from the earth’s surface?
(a) Stratosphere, troposphere, tropopause, ionosphere
(b) Ionosphere, tropopause, Stratosphere, ionosphere
(c) Troposphere, tropopause, Stratosphere, ionosphere
(d) Stratosphere, troposphere, ionosphere, tropopause
95. Days and night are of equal duration on March 21 at —–
(a) The Tropic of Cancer alone
(b) The Tropic of Equator alone
(c) The Tropic of Capricorn alone
(d) All parallel of latitude
96. Which of the following is the most porous rock?
(a) Basalt (b) Granite (c) Sandstone (d) Slate
97. Weathering is —–
(a) Breakdown or disintegration of rocks
(b) Formation of soil by fine sand particles
(c) Breaking of the surface of land by flowing water
(d) Wearing down of rock surface
98. Which type of plants are adapted to grow under drought conditions?
(a) Pteridophytes (b) Xerophytes (c) Tropophyes (d) Hygrophytes
99. Which of the following is the oldest rock?
(a) Quartzite (b) Ordovician (c) Carbonatites (d) Cumbrian
100. Which of the following pairs is correct?
(a) Baghdad Tigris
(b) Bonn Danube
(c) Rome Seine
(d) Paris Tiber
81_b 82_a 83_c 84_a 85_a
86_ d 87_c 88_ c 89_c 90_a
91_ d 92_a 93_ c 94_c 95_d
96_ c 97_a 98_ b 99_b 100_a